Assessments are emoji based questionnaire that teachers and school admins can create and assign to students.
In this article we will cover following :
- How to create assessments.
- How to evaluate responses.
How to create assessments ?
- Login to your Lessonbee account.
- Click on your profile image on top right side, you will get a dropdown with list of actions. Click on "Assessments".
- This will take you to the the assessments page. You will see list of assessments created by you along with an option to create a new one. To create a new assessment, click on button "Create new assessment".
- After the click, you will get a new modal/popup opened on screen. You can fill details like Title, Description, Frequency.
Note - In this screen, you will have a field named "Broadcast Frequency".
This field is used configure how to send assessments to students with
respect to time. You can choose from one of the following -
1. Once every day - This assessment will be sent daily to students.
2. Once every week - This assessment will be sent weekly to students.
3. Once every month - This assessment will be sent monthly to students.
4. Broadcast Manually - This assessment will be sent when triggered.
- After filling the form, click on button "Next". This will take you to second tab of the same modal/popups where you can add questions to the assessment.
- You can add title for question on this screen like in above image "What is your favourite food ?". Each question can have 4 options, by default system gives you 4 emoji and name. You can click on any emoji to replace it from the emoji palette. You can change the text also for the option. For example in above image we replaced default emojis with food emoji and changed the text also accordingly. You can click on button "Add Question" once you are done, this will add this question to the assessment. You can add multiple questions this way in a single assessment.
Note - Lessonbee takes pride in providing culturally responsive
learning. On same principles, we have enabled multiple skin tone
option for our emoji palette. You can choose it from right hand
section of the palette.
- Once you are finished adding questions, click on "Create" button to complete the assessment process. With this step, your assessment is created and sent successfully.
Note - If you configured your assessment's frequency to "Broadcast Manually".
You will have to click on "Broadcast" icon on assessments list page to send.
How to evaluate responses ?
- Go to you assessments list page as explained in above section.
- There you will see list of assessments and three action icons for each assessment. You can see reports, deactivate your assessment or broadcast the assessment as explained earlier.
- To see report or responses of students, click on "Report" icon.
- This will take you to the screen showing responses from students. You will see the responses in graph as well as textual form. You see list of students who have answered the assessments.
Thank you for reading and have fun teaching :)